Home Remedies For Acne Redness And Acne Scar Removal
Who am I kidding? All of us are dreaming of a flawless and beautiful healthy skin. Unfortunately, acne can strike anyone at any age. Sometimes the timing is just so perfect that it chooses to appear in the eve of a special occasion. You’ll just be shocked to find a small zit right in the middle of your nose. Well, that is what I call – Perfect Timing!
But what is acne? What causes acne redness?
There are various factors that can cause the appearance of acne like stress, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, puberty, unhealthy lifestyle and genetics. These factors can stimulate the sebaceous gland to produce excessive amounts of oil. We all know that when the skin is oily, dirt and bacteria can clog the pores. Clogging of pores result to acne and acne redness. Sadly, no specific product can treat acne redness since it is only a symptom of acne in general. Generally, we treat the acne as a whole. To eliminate the symptoms like acne redness, we usually choose the best acne management depending on our skin type.
Acne redness removal
To remove acne redness, one of the most effective treatment that is used today is ice application. Just grab an ice cube. Just make sure that it is clean and use it to cover the pimple for a few minutes. However, make sure not to crush the pimple because this can break the pustule. When applied gently, the ice cube can reduce redness of the acne.
Another effective way to remove acne redness is through the use of topical antibiotics. Furthermore, dermatologists often prescribe Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid preparations to reduce acne redness. You just have to be certain to use these drugs according to the instructions given to you by your dermatologists because side effects can happen with excessive use of salicylic acid.
Acne scar home remedies
Not all of us can afford to pay for expensive lasers just to remove the ugly scars left by acne. However, there are home remedies for acne scars that you can take advantage of. Here are some of them:
– One of the best treatment to get rid of blemished and acne scars is lemon juice. All you have to do is squeeze out juice from lemons or limes. Then apply it on the face using cotton balls. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with water.
– Ice is proven effective to soothe irritated skin, tighten pores and reduce the appearance of acne scars. Get an ice cube and rub it to your acne scars gently.
– Olive oil can be use to effectively fade away acne scars.
– To tighten pores, apply cucumber juice on your face.
– If you’re oily, you can use tomatoes. It is suitable for all skin types of skin as well. After you cut the tomato in half, rub it on the skin gently. Tomatoes can also get rid of blackheads.
To wrap up, to treat acne and acne redness does not have to be costly. You just have to find the right resources and follow the steps of the chosen home remedies. Lastly, talk to your dermatologists before trying any acne treatments or if the condition worsens.
Article Source: http://www.articlesnatch.com